Saturday, January 9

Ist Day of Exam.

Salam wbt.

Today I had my osce exam. Overall, I would say, alhamdulillah. It was OK. Being realistic, it was not an excellent one. The only slack was in the neurological station.

History taking
- Cavan, diagnosed with MI
- Alhamdulillah i practised a lot taking a cardiovascular history.
- I managed to complete the history just in time, and that's include the system review.

Physical Exam stations
1) GI exam - inspection of the abdomen, palpation of the spleen and percussion of the liver span.

2) Respiratory exam - chest expansion, percussion and auscultation of posterior lung

3) Neurological exam - vibration of lower limb, dermatomes and knee jerk.
First, i forgot to compare the vibration test of the other limb. Confidently I said to the doctor "I'm done with the vibration test".
Heh. She was looking at me, frowning. Then she asked
"have u do it on the other leg?"
Toink!
That was really a bad start.

Next, on dermatome test, I started by saying T2, T3. Then I stopped. I know something was not right. (Looking at the frowning face).
Ouch! That should be L2, L3.... (Waaaaa~)
I repeat the test and yes, you know how unfocused I was.

Ok, enough. Put it here so that I can reflect and not to repeat them next time.

May Allah ease everything.
Wallahualam.

No comments: